Caring For You is our new guest care programme at the Radisson Blu Cork to ensure we all adapt to hospitality’s new norms. When your desire to travel, dine and unwind returns, Caring For You is our guarantee that we are prepared to safely and warmly welcome you back.
Our Caring For You programme includes detailed Cleaning, Sanitising and Health & Safety protocols. These have been developed in line with HSE, government and Irish Hotel Federation guidelines, and have also received Fáilte Ireland Safety Charter accreditation. In addition, we have implemented some new innovations, to ensure your time with us is as enjoyable and relaxing as it ever was.
Some guidelines are highly visible throughout our hotel, others are combined into our service offerings, and many others in the back-of-house even go invisible to your eye. In all cases, the wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is our utmost consideration, so that you may continue to enjoy your time at the Radisson Blu Cork with new norms of safety and peace of mind.
CHECKING IN AND OUT
- Visible markings guide you safely in the hotel lobby, and our colleagues observe social distancing whilst checking you in and out.
- A slight wait may be expected at busy times, due to social distancing, and we thank you in advance for your patience.
- Contactless payment options and e-mail receipts are encouraged. Where this is not possible, payment terminals are disinfected before and after each transaction.
- Key Cards are disinfected with medical-grade antimicrobial agent after each stay.
- As an Irish hotel resident, you do not need to show proof of vaccination for staying in the hotel, however you do need to provide this in order to use the hotel bar, dining or leisure facilities.
- Anyone arriving into Ireland after midnight on Saturday 4th December 2021 will be required to present either an antigen test or PCR test which does not indicate the presence of Covid-19.
- Proof of vaccination or recovery is no longer sufficient to enter the country. Any person who cannot present a negative antigen or PCR test will not be allowed to enter Ireland.
- A thorough and comprehensive cleaning and sanitising program is in place for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific extra attention being given to all touchpoints throughout.
- Linens will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination. Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 70°C for at least 25 mins to kill potential bacteria.
- Newspapers, magazines, and collateral have been removed from guestrooms and replaced by our complimentary PressReader App which grants you access to over 7,000 newspapers and magazines via your own personal devices.
- Our Guest Directory and Room Service Menus have been digitalised, to reduce touchpoints. QR Code stickers can be found on mirrors in guestrooms, for you to access these directly on your mobile.
- A valid digital covid-19 certificate is required to use any of our bars or restaurants, we have a full room service menu available if you would prefer to dine in your room.
- Further to government announcements, and changes in Covid-19 restrictions; a Covid-19 digital Certificate, or proof of recovery (in line with government guidelines) is required from all guests in order to access any of our bars and/or restaurants.
- Non residents must vacate the premises by 8pm at the latest, hotel residents may continue to use the bar and restaurant facilities until 11.30pm and must provide a Covid-19 digital certificate, or proof of immunity (in line with Government guidelines)
- A maximum of 6 guests are allowed per table, with no multi-table bookings permitted, per current government guidelines.
- A reduced number of tables are now available in all our Restaurants, to ensure social distancing. Advanced booking here is thus highly recommended
- Menus are replaced by QR Code stickers on each table for you to scan and view on your mobile device, in order to minimise contact. Laminated menus are also available should you prefer and will be thoroughly cleaned by our team after each use.
- Table service is in place in The Brasserie. Buffet services are replaced by comprehensive menus for lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner which our team of service staff will deliver to your table with the utmost care and attention.
- Tableware including all used and unused wares, condiments, placemats and linens will be removed and disinfected after each party has left. Tabletops and chair arms will also be disinfected after each seating.
- Our service team are all wearing face coverings to afford you the maximum levels of comfort and peace of mind.
- Our hotel bar is fully open and serving a full range of high-quality food and beverages.
- We provide a full room service menu for any guests who would prefer to dine in their rooms.
- Advanced booking is essential by calling +353 ( 214297080)
- Further to government announcements, and changes in Covid-19 restrictions; a Covid-19 digital Certificate, or proof of recovery (in line with government guidelines) is required from all guests in order to access our spa.
- We have revised our treatment menus, with safe and innovative means to ensure you are as relaxed and pampered as ever
- Hotel guests will be requested to change in their rooms and arrive at The Spa in robe and slippers, to avoid use of communal areas
- A Self-Declaration Questionnaire and Consultation Form will require completion before your appointment
- The Relaxation Room and Loungers will be fully available
- The Thermal Suite pool will be open
- Our Jacuzzis, Steam room & Saunas are now open, however please be aware that a 10 minute time limit applies and a maximum of 2 people from the same party may enjoy the facility at one time.
- Vigorous and frequent cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and touch points is being carried out throughout our hotel.
- Furniture has been rearranged in lobbies and communal areas in such a way to allow you to enjoy our facilities with proper social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the hotel and we are using the highest quality sanitiser in all areas.
- Signage will remain in place throughout our public areas to remind our guests to observe social distancing and handwashing.
- Doorways are left open where allowed to reduce contact, and elevator usage is monitored to limit capacity and ensure priority access for those in need.
WEDDINGS, MEETINGS & EVENTS
- We adhere to the current guidelines for business, training events, and conferences.
- Wedding receptions can take place with a capacity limit of 100 guests and continue after 8pm providing function rooms are clear of guests by midnight.
- Organised indoor events are permitted with capacity limits of 50% of seated capacity where all patrons are immune (fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 within previous 6 months). These must finish before 8pm.
- For Food & Beverage services associated Events/Gatherings there will be a requirement to ensure that the numbers permitted equate to 50% of the seated capacity.
- All individuals will need to continue to monitor the ongoing risk from the disease and take personal responsibility as they take steps individually and collectively in their everyday lives to keep this risk under control.
- Social distancing signs, Covid-19 information signs and handwashing signs are clearly visible in all areas of the hotel.
- Hand sanitiser is available for guest use throughout the hotel.
- The product used is Diversey Suma Bac D10 Cleaner and Sanitiser, this is the only chemical used for surface and touchpoint cleaning in the meeting rooms and is proven to kill Covid-19 and 99% of bacteria.
- The hotel’s dedicated sanitation team will go into the meeting room at break times, to sanitise all the touchpoints.
- Pens and stationery items will be sprayed and wiped after each meeting room use.
- Extra caution and care has been taken around ventilation of all meeting room spaces in our hotels. Where mechanical systems are in place and bringing in fresh air, these have been fully serviced, filters changed and speed increased.
- Where it is not possible to bring in outside air through mechanical systems, we will be opening windows and doors while meeting space is in use to ensure a good supply of fresh air is circulating at all times.
- Meeting rooms will be kept locked when not in use.
- We are fully accredited under the Failte Ireland Covid Safety Charter, a Government endorsed initiative showing the highest levels of care are in place at all times.
Food and Beverage Service in Meeting Rooms
We want our guests to enjoy their breaks in a comfortable, safe and friendly environment.
- All food items will be plated per individual guest and any condiments will be served in single-use sachets.
- Water will be served in individual use bottles.
- Tea/coffee and all break items will be attended to and served by a member of staff instead of self-service.
- In addition, individually served refreshment breaks will be provided to avoid congregations of delegates and eliminate shared touchpoints.
- Cutlery will be presented rolled up in individual napkins.
- An enhanced educational and training program for all employees will run continuously, to ensure the utmost levels of safety and security throughout all areas of our operations.
- Any local health guidelines around the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment will be strictly adhered to by our teams across all departments from guest services to back-of-house and kitchens.
- A robust handwashing program is in place with all employees required to thoroughly wash their hands every 60 minutes, with records kept.
- Our kids club is operating during major school holidays, and we look forward to entertaining your little ones on their next getaway!
- Places are limited as we need to operate under physical distancing requirements, however our team of highly trained employees are ready to ensure your kids make the most of their time with us.
- We are working on innovative ways to utilise our fabulous outdoor spaces and have back up plans in place in the event of a rainy day.
- Pre-booking is essential and subject to availability.
- Further to government announcements, and changes in Covid-19 restrictions; a Covid-19 digital Certificate, or proof of recovery (in line with government guidelines) is required from all guests in order to access our fitness/leisure centre
- Our swimming pool and gym is open, with all necessary precautions implemented.
- As we have to control the number of people using these facilities at once, advanced booking is mandatory. To book your time slots please call the Fitness Centre directly on +353 214297080
STEAM ROOM, SAUNA & JACUZZI
- Our steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi is open, with all the necessary precautions in place as per government guidelines in relation to Covid-19.
We have made a lot of changes to the way we operate in order to offer you the highest levels of comfort and peace of mind whilst enjoying your stay with us. This has been challenging, and our employees have all undergone extensive retraining to adapt to the new norms. Please bear with us if things are not quite as they used to be as we continue to adapt to this new, ever changing and challenging environment.